Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Places to watch.

Options
  • 12-01-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭

Lovetts in Ballinlough and The Overdraught near Minane Bridge have both been sold. These were 2 long established places that closed for different reasons, it will be great if they reopen as restaurants again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

roundymac wrote: »
    Lovetts in Ballinlough and The Overdraught near Minane Bridge have both been sold. These were 2 long established places that closed for different reasons, it will be great if they reopen as restaurants again.

Interesting to see what happens to Lovetts, I looked at it when it was reduced to €500k but it was in such a bad state of repair inside it would have needed huge investment. hopefully a nice local Bistro/ bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Hope fully it won't be knocked and have house's built on the site, althought I fear this is what could happen. That was the original plan when Lane's the builders bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

roundymac wrote: »
    Hope fully it won't be knocked and have house's built on the site, althought I fear this is what could happen. That was the original plan when Lane's the builders bought it.

I viewed it recently Nd it was being sold as a restaurant/ bistro albeit with no wine/spirit licence. The planning that was granted didn't include knocking the house

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

used to be a savage steak in the overdraft

Advertisement