Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Energy for Underfloor Heating

Options
  • 12-01-2015 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I have a large bank of solar panels (100 tubes) which work very well. The hot water tank often reaches temperatures that cause the heat dump (a radiator in the yard) to be activated.
    I would like to use the under-floor as the heat dump so that it automatically switches in and out according to the temperature in the tank.
    My house is a Passive House so the heating requirements are very low. I would also like to be able to have a seasonal manual switch-over between the under-floor and the yard radiator for summer/winter switch over.
    Will this work? Has anyone tried this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Don't see why it wouldn't ? Why did you stick so many tubes up -
    You could heat a swimming pool with that in the summer ! (Not a bad idea - stick a polytunnel over it too )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hluskin

I increased the quantity of the solar tubes because I wanted to be ale to divert some heat to the underfloor but I didn't have the necessary control system to manage it.

Advertisement