Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do aer lingus fly 757's to orlando

Options
  • 11-01-2015 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I booked flights to orlando recently and I picked seats on both flights. The option for the outbound flight was not an a330 layout of 2 4 2. It was 3 3. To me a 757 would not have range for Orlando maybe I'm wrong? The inbound flight was an a330.

Comments

I booked flights to orlando recently and I picked seats on both flights. The option for the outbound flight was not an a330 layout of 2 4 2. It was 3 3. To me a 757 would not have range for Orlando maybe I'm wrong? The inbound flight was an a330.

No they don't fly the 757 to Orlando and I wouldn't imagine they have the range for it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I was under the impression you had a stopover in boston or jfk and Jetblue took you to or from there to orlando and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mucksavage1985

I was under the impression you had a stopover in boston or jfk and Jetblue took you to or from there to orlando and back.

Both flights area non stop, it must be an error on there website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Nearly sure the 757 would fly DUB to MCO non-stop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

billie1b wrote: »
    Nearly sure the 757 would fly DUB to MCO non-stop

It can't, and even if it could on paper, the weather of recent days would make such a route liable to frequent fuel stopovers.

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »
    It can't, and even if it could on paper, the weather of recent days would make such a route liable to frequent fuel stopovers.

Yeah the ones of late are mad, seen a few fuel stops the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 68,255 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Some mentions on airliners.net that the seat maps on bookings are in a mess for the 330s at the moment, that may explain seeing 3-3.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

L1011 wrote: »
    Some mentions on airliners.net that the seat maps on bookings are in a mess for the 330s at the moment, that may explain seeing 3-3.
    Seems most likely....EI.Com seatmaps are a bit glitchy at the moment.
    A330 ops only to MCO....B757 is only ex SNN and into Toronto.
    Exceptions are:
    -12 weeks in the Summer B757 will operate ex DUB on the very early departure to JFK.
    -Late DUB-JFK flight until end February to allow Business class refit of the A330's

EI A330's are in a 2-4-2 config, except for the last 4-5 rows which are 2-3-2.
    B757's/A320's are in 3-3 config.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

I also have booked a flight to orlando recently and found a problem the seat map. I used two different Internet browsers as I thought the problem was on my end. It only showed 20 odd rows in a 3-3 formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Tenger wrote: »
    Seems most likely....EI.Com seatmaps are a bit glitchy at the moment.
    A330 ops only to MCO....B757 is only ex SNN and into Toronto.
    Exceptions are:
    -12 weeks in the Summer B757 will operate ex DUB on the very early departure to JFK.
    -Late DUB-JFK flight until end February to allow Business class refit of the A330's

EI A330's are in a 2-4-2 config, except for the last 4-5 rows which are 2-3-2.
    B757's/A320's are in 3-3 config.

Actually, the B757 is currently operating EI108/EI109 between Dublin and New York.

• Advertisement

lxflyer wrote: »
    Actually, the B757 is currently operating EI108/EI109 between Dublin and New York.

They are also doing a couple of Torontos per week with them too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Its actually all over the place at the moment with the aircraft/route allocations. Lots of maintenance ongoing in Toulouse for the 330s so the 757 is being used across NY and BOS in addition to its scheduled SNN and Toronto services. Has been the case for the past 1-2 months and will probably continue until the run up to the summer schedule when all of the 330s will be back with new J class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

basill wrote: »
    Its actually all over the place at the moment with the aircraft/route allocations. Lots of maintenance ongoing in Toulouse for the 330s so the 757 is being used across NY and BOS in addition to its scheduled SNN and Toronto services. Has been the case for the past 1-2 months and will probably continue until the run up to the summer schedule when all of the 330s will be back with new J class.

One of the 3 757's is in maintenance in Transaero Shannon also!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

lxflyer wrote: »
    ......"cough"....
    -Late DUB-JFK flight until end February to allow Business class refit of the A330's....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

......"cough"....

LOL - I was seeing double!!

Advertisement