Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy parts online (international)

Options
  • 11-01-2015 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, is there any issue to buy parts online, e.g from US sites?
    I'd like to get some new screw n springs etc for my buckmark.
    I figured the handiest would be order online and get shipped rather than spending time driving about etc.

Anyone buy stuff from e.g. brownells - they seem to have many service parts.
    Or is there a good supplier in Ireland?

Ta for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

I've bought loads of parts from Brownells and have never had any problems getting parts from them. But your order can't be for over $100

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

Brownells are good but they wont ship certain items.
    I had to order some magazine parts for a remington recently, They sent the spring but said they were not allowed to send the magazine follower.
    Go ahead and order. They will contact you if there are any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Hi folks, is there any issue to buy parts online, e.g from US sites?
    Good question, with no definitive answer.

In my opinion, the laws are purposely written to be vague in order to ensure maximum coverage and minimize sales.

Generally speaking, stay away from the military and tactical stuff. Hunting stuff should be fine.
    zeissman wrote: »
    They sent the spring but said they were not allowed to send the magazine follower.
    That's the kind of muppetry that I'm talking about. Complete nonsense. Are you sorted yet ZeissMan?
    zeissman wrote: »
    Go ahead and order. They will contact you if there are any problems.
    +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Thanks guys, I placed an order, I selected call in credit card as it started baulking with the credit card saying wrong token or some such.... anyway they need to give me shipping cost so hopefully all sorted tomorrow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

FISMA wrote: »
    Good question, with no definitive answer.

In my opinion, the laws are purposely written to be vague in order to ensure maximum coverage and minimize sales.

Generally speaking, stay away from the military and tactical stuff. Hunting stuff should be fine.

That's the kind of muppetry that I'm talking about. Complete nonsense. Are you sorted yet ZeissMan?

+1.
    Yes.
    I got a follower from Norman Clarke in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

BillBen wrote: »
    I've bought loads of parts from Brownells and have never had any problems getting parts from them. But your order can't be for over $100

Why under a $100 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you Order anything that costs more than $100 brownells needs an export licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Why not use their UK site, I think they have taken over from Midwayuk, might be away of getting around the US export regulations
    http://www.brownells.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bluezulu49

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Why not use their UK site, I think they have taken over from Midwayuk, might be away of getting around the US export regulations
    http://www.brownells.co.uk/

All of the UK shooting websites I have visited refuse to sell internationally and Brownells is no exception.
    See
    http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/UK/Categories/TermsAndConditions

where it says

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
    After a strategic review of Customs export and import restrictions on most of the products, we have regrettably decided that we are no longer able to accept or process orders for international customers outside the UNITED KINGDOM (UK).

Bluezulu49.

have you any friends or relations in Northern Ireland, post to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Wadi14 wrote: »
    have you any friends or relations in Northern Ireland, post to them

Use parcelmotel.com and use their Belfast address and then they forward on to you in ROI.

Where there's a will there's a way lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Besides the 100€ ITAR restriction...
    Afaik you are still able to exceed this but the company must obtain an export licence.. Etc etc. Some companies have a standing export licence arrangement afaik. So brownells might just charge you a percentage of the sale towards the export paper work.

Secondly afaik you, once you have a licenced firearm here you don't need any import paper work to bring it in and if I'm correct that extends to parts and spares.(but only from countries outside the European union)

Lastly be very careful, there are many pitfalls and minefields in the whole process. If I could just buy it here then I would but unfortunately this country is a backwater when it comes to sporting guns and replacement parts.
    No offence to the many that make/sell guns they do a good job but they would prob be the first to complain.

Advertisement