Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games not displaying correctly over HDMI

Options
  • 11-01-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I'm having some problems getting games to display correctly over HDMI to my TV. Basically, the PC seems to be getting confused as to where to display the image and what size to make it. I keep ending up with the image being more off-screen than on. I've uploaded 2 screen shots here to better explain.

Background: I'm trying to run some low-level indie games on my HTPC. Specs are:
    Asus h61m-plus using on-board Intel Graphics.

I've also noticed that the Device Manager lists a problem with the SM Bus Controller (saying it's not installed).

When I first set up the HTPC I tried Hotline Miami and it worked fine (displaying properly). I'm not sure when this issue appeared but it happens in most games I've tried now.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm trying to solve the SM Bus Controller issue now but the Intel site seems to be a minefield of broken/circular links.

Advertisement