Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industrial unit to let

Options
  • 11-01-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

There's an old industrial unit to let not too far from me. It hasn't been let in a few years and is part of a mixed use of businesses.
    I think it has potential for what I have in mind. The rent is asking approx €600/month and I spoke to the agent and he reckons it need about 4-5 k of work done as it is lying idle so long.
    My question is, if I were to take it on and turn it in to a nice little business what protection would I have in regards to the landlord rising the rent as they see it doing well.
    Also what is the standard agreement with regards to contract, is it normally year on year or what. And finally what hidden pitfalls would I need to watch out for ( maintenance costs paid by tenant ? Etc )

Thanks

PS. If their asking for €600/month would a lowball offer be the norm ?
    Thanks again

Advertisement