Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destination Help!

Options
  • 11-01-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

Saalbach or Livigno?

One intermediate and on second year beginner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Either would work! Sallbach better laid out, livingo better snow, better après in Saalbach better food in Italy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Thanks Fattes, that sums it up alright! I'm going back and over between the two.

Do you know how cheap is gear in Livigno? Need new jacket/googles. If they can be got cheap there it might swing it for me....

P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rikaiser

Hi PCeeee,

I was in Livigno two years ago and I remember it been a duty free region. Although in saying that I find that the likes of jackets can still be pricey as they are been bought up in the mountains after all. It took some time to get there from Munich but its a lovely spot and the ski slopes were great!

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Thanks Fattes, that sums it up alright! I'm going back and over between the two.

Do you know how cheap is gear in Livigno? Need new jacket/googles. If they can be got cheap there it might swing it for me....

P

Will be cheaper in TX maxx or a big city store! Captive market for ski equipment in a resort!

Thanks for the input Gents. Went for Saalbach in the end.

Watching weather reports closely now!

• Advertisement

Saalbach has some of the best long runs around - enjoy. Decent craic at night too, although no St.Anton or Ischgl but great fun all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

P

Goggles? Amazon that sh*t. Jacket = TKMaxx if you are not fussy.

Thanks for the input Gents. Went for Saalbach in the end.

Watching weather reports closely now!

Saalbach is whopper, two words you will need Goatstall Hinterglem!!! Trust me :)

Some cracking runs and skiing the whole loop on a day is really rewarding, some lovely runs not overly challenging expet Black 14 which is a great run that changes terrain and snow every few hundred meters.

Bobbys bar in town for games and mini bowling It also has the largest strip club in the alps apparently

Thanks Fattes you have me excited now!

Advertisement