Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, I've lost an avoca recipe

Options
  • 11-01-2015 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I was in supervalu this morning, where they had kumquats.
    Nice,thought I, I have an Avoca recipe that I haven't made in years, chicken breast with a kumquat sauce.
    So I bought them but now I can't find the recipe.
    Would anyone have it topass on to me please?
    I think the chicken was stuffed with ricotta and apricots and the kumquats were cooked with a splash of vinegar.
    I'm not sure if there was couscous too, Though that could belong to another recipe.
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I checked the two Avoca Cafe cookbooks and there isn't a recipe for Chicken with Kumquats. There is a recipe for pickled kumquats with orange slices (to go with duck terrine) and there is a separate recipe for Parma wrapped chicken breast with ricotta stuffing. Since you have the kumquats, here is the Avoca recipe for Kumquat Pickle:

900g kumquats, halved lengthwise, pips removed
    8 large oranges, halved and thinly sliced
    1100g sugar
    1 litre white wing vinegar
    3 cinnamon sticks
    32 cloves

Add the fruits to a pan and cover with water. Simmer for 20 minutes until the oranges are tender. drain and reserve the cooking liquid. Boil the vinegar and dissolve the sugar in it. Add the cinnamon and cloves. Add the fruit and cook for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large sterilised jar and top up with the reserved cooking liquid if necessary. Seal and leave to mature for 3 to 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Hmm! I must have the two recipes confused in my head.
    I've no oranges so I think I'll eat the kumquats and use the ricotta for a chocolate and ricotta tart instead.
    Thank you, it was kind of you to get the relish recipe for me. I will give it a go next weekend instead.

Advertisement