Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your thought?

Options
  • 11-01-2015 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

so bored sitting up reading the WAKO full contact kickboxing rules as ya do :P this section is what i do not agree with about the execution of the roundhouse kick that you cannot use your shin when you kick an opponent . in my opinion this is a complete contradiction of the word full contact yes you can inflict damage with the instep of the foot im sure many people including myself can confirm that :) but a serious/full contact shot with the shin can inflict alot more damage any thought folks? it was brought in a few years ago i just think its ridiculous!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Kicking without your shin is the same as punching without your knuckles.

Easy solution, don't support that format if they insist on that rule. Plenty of K1 or better again Thai shows going on in Ireland if you want a proper fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Peetrik wrote: »
    Kicking without your shin is the same as punching without your knuckles.

Easy solution, don't support that format if they insist on that rule. Plenty of K1 or better again Thai shows going on in Ireland if you want a proper fight.

What this lad said, as always.

You're spoilt for choice with all sorts of full contact styles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Fully agreed. It is saying '' Dont kick the best way it can be done. Do it this worse way''.
    I know in this case you have identified kickboxing and the shin kick.
    However in general, the irony of martial arts is that the very people who claim MMA not to be a real fight due to the rules that dont apply on the street are the ones whos organizations have the stupidest rule set and in some case full protective padding.

Advertisement