Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equitation School

Options
  • 11-01-2015 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My daughter wants to join the army to work in the equine sector, does anyone have any experience in this field or know how and when to apply? do you have to join as a recruit first and then move into that area.
    She has tried a helpline/info number afew times and seems to get fobbed off when she does manage to speak to someone.
    Looking on the website it is a very well established sector but I cant find if it actually says how you can become a student there.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Is there a particular job that she's interested in?

If she's interested in in being a Riding Officer, she would have to apply specifically for an Equitation School Cadetship which occurs at the same time as the regular cadetship competition, unless they have no requirement for riders at the time. After the application process, as far as I'm aware, the rest of the competition and cadetship is the exact same as for the line officers.

If it's another role within the Equitation School that she's interested in, I don't know, sorry. I imagine it the route to take would be to enlist and, assuming an interest in and experience working with horses, hope to be able to transfer into the Equitation School eventually. But I'm only guessing with this.

Here's a link to the Equitation School page on military.ie just in case you haven't already seen it.

Advertisement