Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Worst Studio

Options
  • 10-01-2015 10:59pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    just threw on my first single that my band recorded in 1995 or something like that. I remember the studio well, it was in Giant Studios NYC, run by a great producer/engineer called Jay Wasco.
    Anyway, I'm still amazed at the sound he got, as his gear list was very low end: a Peavey mixer, a Tascam 8-track, Alesis FX. He would track all vocals through a Boss guitar compressor pedal!
    Thing is, the place sounded amazing! He really knew how to get the most out of it!

So what/where is your favourite best-worst studio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mart1977

I think maybe the topic should be beat worst studio engineer based on your story. The guy you describe managed to get you good results out of mediocre equipment which was more a testament to how well he knew how to make the best of the limitations of that equipment and craft the best he could from what he had. For me that's the most important thing - knowing your studio.
    If you book a high end studio and ask an engineer to come in who hasn't worked there it's possible and likely you won't have a good end product out of a very nice studio theoretically

Advertisement