Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric coin meter

Options
  • 10-01-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am renting a tiny unit which has a coin fed electric meter, it takes only €2. I've never seen these before or even heard of them and just recently I've been having trouble with it, it's taking the €2 but not registering I've put it in and I can't get the money back and the landlord won't listen. Who calibrates these meters? Or how do I know im not being ripped off??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jack1000

I believe it would probably be the landlords electrician that sets the meter. You could see how many units of electricity you are getting for your 2 euro and work out the unit cost that way. But take into account the standing charge when comparing the unit price with the esb rate. In saying that if you are putting money in and it's not registering there is something wrong.

Advertisement