Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating CAO

Options
  • 10-01-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys,

Unfortunately things didn't work out for me this year with college so I'll be starting again in September, just wondering am I starting again with signing up for the CAO or do I keep the old account and go through that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

New account, start completely fresh again. Hope this time around works out better for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

New account but you'll need your exam number and CAO number from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

Why would you need your CAO Number form Last year.

You supply all your Leaving Cert exam details and then you supply details of your attendance at third level.

You indicate that you are taking or have taken Higher Education.

They would need details of any examinations and results taken or to be taken.

They would need any copies of awards obtained as a result of your attendance at Higher Education.

If you have withdrawn from the institution, then a certificate of withdrawal is required.

You print the CAO Number and Name on the top of each page of your supporting documents.

you need to forward them a.s.a.p. by post to CAO, Eglinton Street, Galway so that institutions can evaluate them

This is all explained on Pages 12 & 13 of the CAO Handbook and the consequences of not doing so.

Advertisement