Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting wine from Germany to Ireland

Options
  • 10-01-2015 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I am currently working on a vinyard in the south of Germany. I would like to post some wine wine home to my family. Around 50 bottles. I don t pay for these bottles . Would i have to pay excise duty? I know it is very expensive. 3.19 per bottle . So it will be costly present if i have to pay. Would appreciae some help.
    Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭mikep

Hi there.
    I used to get wine posted from Germany fairly often from eBayers, never had a problem although I never got more than 6 at a time. They always came via Deutchse (?) Post. Try sending 6 first and see how it goes..

You can send 6 on to me too for this valuable advice!! :):)

As a matter of interest what are you doing there?? I'd love to hear more first hand experience from someone working in a vineyard...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dec9870

Thanks for reply .. I think i will send 6 but wanted to cut costs on posting by sending it in bulk. It seems i would have to pay the excise duty . It just shows how much the wine costs on a 6 euro bottle in Ireland . I think i need a bit more advise for 6 bottle s of wine.....I moved over 6 years ago from australia where i meet my now wife. Been working for 3 years on the vinyard . Its a family business. They also have a restuarant which is not opened every day but once a month and most weekends for birthdays ,wine tours and other such events. Quiet in the vineyard now .. most of he work is through the summer. If you have any questions let me know.
    Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 49 atticus

I've imported wine from Germany (Gourmondo.de, galperino.de, weinhandel-itelien.de), spain (Vinissimus.com) italy (several) over the years and never had a problem. Shipping costs tend to be really cheap from Germany - 12€ for 18 bottles and 6€ for every 18 after that. Never any problems.

Advertisement