Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch shopping in Carlow Town

Options
  • 10-01-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm planning ahead already for next christmas saving up and that.
    I'm saving up already cause I want to spoil my man next christmas.
    I got him a watch before beautiful looking watch and he loved it. It was a sekonda around €100 and he loves it to bits!
    I know it's the thought that counts but I'd really love to spoil him a little bit more.
    He's such a nice guy he really deserves it. I want to go to a jewellers this time and spend a couple of hundred euro up to a thousand on a watch for him.
    He loves chronograph watches.
    There's a lot of good jewellers in Carlow. I've never gone in to one before and asked about something like this.
    I wouldn't mind spending anywhere up to a thousand euro on a watch for him like I said before he's worth it.
    I just don't want to go into one of these jewellers enquiring after a watch and find out I can't afford any of them and feeling a real fool.
    There's the jewellers when you go through the entrance of superquinn shopping centre and it's right there on your right side. They have displays of watches in the window reasonably priced a few hundred euro but I want to spend at least €500 and up.
    I know I can go in and tell them my budget and they will help me find one I really love.
    I just want to know the best and most friendly helpful jewellers in Carlow.
    They also need to do engraving cause to make it really special I'm going get something sweet on the back of the watch.
    This is why I'm starting early, want to plan ahead get it all perfect.
    I want to get engraved on the back "Always &Forever"
    He loves it when I say that to him.
    I'll love him always and forever.
    I need to know on average how expensive is engraving I don't mind paying as long as I know in advance so I can plan.
    I was a bit worried cause if I really love a watch I see they might not be able to engrave it cause of certain reasons, the metal or something.
    Can a watch always be engraved no matter what?
    How long would u be waiting for a watch that got engraved?
    Cause I want to pick out a watch tell them what I want on it to be engraved, leave them with it and then pick it up in plenty of time so I have it to give it to him. I don't want to be left with no watch to give him?
    Please help! I know it's a lot but I'd be so grateful if u read it all. I've just never gone into a jewellers and don't want to seem a fool. Maybe if anyone has bought anything in one of the jewellers in Carlow I'd love to hear your story. Thank you so much I just want to make his birthday extra special. He's never been made a fuss of and I just want to show what it's like..love him so much.thanks again :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You don't need to get the watch engraved in the same place you buy it, so don't let that limit your buying options. Also, I'd look for a watch you like online, and then find out where you can buy one, rather than what's available in a local shop. Next time you're in the shop, have a look at the brands they sell and do a bit of googling on them.

If you're looking for brand recommendations, then Longines would be a good brand in your price range.

If you're happy to buy online, then check out stowa watches; I think they offer an engraving service too. They have some very nice watches in your price range, but most of them will be more dressy than sporty. They may not have a very recognisable brand name, but they are excellent watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

Eoin, your a bad boy, I just had a look at the stowa website, I have saved the site to my favourites,

Oh I'm so tempted. I think the seed is planted,

Advertisement