Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Experience

Options
  • 10-01-2015 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

A tourism type video commissioned by Cork City Council.

Book my flight quick.I must go to this place called Cork.:pac:

http://vimeo.com/114764687

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Looks good but they cheated with the shot of the Tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Looks great! Certainly no dull or dreary days when filming that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Looks good but they cheated with the shot of the Tiger!

But there Is one in Fota now isn't there......In the new section?

kub wrote: »
    But there Is one in Fota now isn't there......In the new section?

Not as far as I could see on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

There's 2 Tigers in Fota now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Two tigers and there'll be Asian Rhinos and Asian Lions coming in the next year or so. You should go for a visit! :D

They could have thrown in a few wet days into the video just for accuracy like!

I would have thought that Fota getting tigers would be a kinda of a big deal. I'm surprised I didn't hear about it. The least they could do is update their website to include the new awwivals.

I guess you can't include everything in a promo video but I think they missed a trick in not having shots of The Dragon of Shandon parade.
    A world class, creative and highly entertaining parade for all ages.

I would have thought that Fota getting tigers would be a kinda of a big deal. I'm surprised I didn't hear about it. The least they could do is update their website to include the new awwivals.

I guess you can't include everything in a promo video but I think they missed a trick in not having shots of The Dragon of Shandon parade.
    A world class, creative and highly entertaining parade for all ages.

Tigers are on the website. link. And they did have a good campaign when the tigers came last year with billboards, radio ads and a decent Facebook campaign.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Tigers are on the website. link. And they did have a good campaign when the tigers came last year with billboards, radio ads and a decent Facebook campaign.

Doh!
    I just couldn't see that link when I looked.
    I guess I had my head in the sand,then.
    I had no idea.

It's great for Fota!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Hows the redevelopment of Fota going actually? Wasn't there a big expansion planned/approved in the last couple of years? We don't know how lucky we are sometimes, people come from all over the country to go to Fota and here I am 15 minutes down the road and I haven't been in I don't know how long. Must sort that out in the summer.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    Hows the redevelopment of Fota going actually? Wasn't there a big expansion planned/approved in the last couple of years? We don't know how lucky we are sometimes, people come from all over the country to go to Fota and here I am 15 minutes down the road and I haven't been in I don't know how long. Must sort that out in the summer.

It's great. New tiger enclosure opened last summer. It's still rough around the edges as it is a work in progress, but really well done so far. Indian rhino due this summer and Asian lions coming next year as well as other new animals. Fota is a great day out and much more enjoyable to visit than Dublin zoo IMHO.

Advertisement