Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent agreement year wrong

Options
  • 10-01-2015 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Cam someone help me.. For certain reasons I may want to move out of my accommodation. .

I am in a lease but I have just noticed that the year is 2013-2014 when it should be 2014-2015.

I have paid a deposit also

Where do I stand on this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

Cam someone help me.. For certain reasons I may want to move out of my accommodation. .

I am in a lease but I have just noticed that the year is 2013-2014 when it should be 2014-2015.

I have paid a deposit also

Where do I stand on this ?
    When you signed the lease, what were you agreeing to in your own mind? 2013-2014 or 2014-2015? A drafting error does not necessarily invalidate a contract.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_of_the_minds

Contract law is notoriously complex and if you decide to go down this route you should seek the advice of a solicitor. It will almost certainly be cheaper, faster and less risky to just reassign the lease -- you are even entitled to your deposit back, as long as the landlord is not at a loss.

Advertisement