Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota avensis d4d

Options
  • 10-01-2015 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all, so I'm toying with the idea of buying a new motor. Work in the construction industry but my tools are limited so I was thinking of a caddy van (maybe 05/06) as it would be cheap to run etc but then I saw a friend of mine who recently bought a Toyota avensis estate and it got me thinking I could buy a similar year one for the same if not less money. I know that 90% of my trips it would be only me in the car but seeing as it would be my only car the option to carry more than one person would be nice even if it would be rarely, although the extra space in the caddy would also be handy from time to time,, quite the dilemma..I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on these were. Would I be able to use it for work? Do the rear seats fold down flat? Difference in mpg? All help is greatly appreciated,,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

If your going to get a car for work I'm fairly sure you need commercial use cover on the insurance as otherwise if you crashed and your car was full of tools your policy could be void as it would be obvious you were using it for work. Someone might be able to confirm that.

If you do go down the van road your dead right with the caddy that model caddy is IMO the nicest small van on the road 1.9tdi is the nicer engine to drive in terms of power although the 2.0 SDI is a extremely reliable engine both are good on diesel. It's a hard one as the van would be better for work as you can kit it out properly in the back and have everything nice and organised but then the car is handy for social use I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jcanty85

God I better check out the insurance aspect so, cheers for the tip mate. Yeah I was thinking about the 1.9tdi caddy,, smashing van alright only problem is the once every week or two when I might need a third seat..

Advertisement