Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going too Galway

Options
  • 10-01-2015 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering about trains or buses too galway lads? Heading up there soon and don't really want too drive so what's the best way to get there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Just wondering about trains or buses too galway lads? Heading up there soon and don't really want too drive so what's the best way to get there

Where from?

Buses. Citylink and Bus Eirann.
    Irish Rail by train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Irish Rail by train.

I think if you're going by rail you have to go from Cork to Dublin and then Dublin to Galway.

That's a bit mad in my opinion.

Edit: bad information, ignore.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I think if you're going by rail you have to go from Cork to Dublin and then Dublin to Galway.

How old is that map?

http://www.irishrail.ie/media/11-galwaylimerickcorktralee250920131.pdf?v=gc4dypo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

You can never go too Galway!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where from?

From Cork

It's the cork thread ;)

Karl Stein wrote: »

Edit: bad information, ignore.

We went too Galway about 8 years ago by train and that's how we had too go, cork too Dublin and Dublin across I thought perhaps they would have rectified this by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Just get the bus. Think it's a 51 that goes to Galway, but you can check.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

The train is pointless you would have to go to Dublin first and then get a train from there to Galway.

Your best bet is the citylink bus: www.citylink.ie/images/citylink-cork-timetable-for-web.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Just get the bus. Think it's a 51 that goes to Galway, but you can check.

The bus is the best option and it's the 51 as you said.

There's no direct train unless you get it from Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KlausFlouride

MrMAc84,

Are you going up on a Friday?

MrMAc84,

Are you going up on a Friday?

Quite possibly why?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KlausFlouride

I drive up most Fridays, if you want a lift heading that way anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

PLL wrote: »
    The train is pointless you would have to go to Dublin first and then get a train from there to Galway.

Your best bet is the citylink bus: www.citylink.ie/images/citylink-cork-timetable-for-web.pdf

Change at Limerick Junction for Limerick and then get a train to Galway or else change at Portalington or Portlaois for Portarlington to hook up with the Galway train.
    Better off just getting the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I used to work in Galway and was going between Cork and Galway very regularly. City Link is your best bet. The only stop on the way to Galway is in Limerick. With the Bus Eireann bus you'll be doing a mini tour of the country. You can get the train too but it's more hassle than it's worth. Cork to Limerick via Limerick Junction and then the Limerick to Galway train. City Link from town is the easiest way to get to Galway.

Advertisement