Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about reading electricity meter

Options
  • 09-01-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hi folks of accommodation and property. I'm moving into my new house over the weekend....bought through an Estate Agent. Im guessing its the EA's responsibility but could somebody who knows for certain advise whose responsible for reading the electricity and informing Electric Ireland of reading and change of ownership? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Personally I would neverbleave to anyome else. It's too expensive to leave it to chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Yours :) Otherwise it may not get done. And you'll be stuck paying for any arrears etc if any.

Take a pic and also submit the reading ASAP. That way you'll on;ly be paying for what you use. Also gas and any other utilities

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Personally I would neverbleave to anyome else. It's too expensive to leave it to chance.

Ok, but I'm sure vendor would be saying the same thing if I were to do the needful?....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Absolutely your responsibility, nothing to do with the EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Ok, thanks all i was wrong. Can I complete the process online or do need to ring Electric Ireland? If I need to ring does anyone by any chance have the number. Would rather do it online if possible but if I must ring them dont want to be passed from pillar to post all day as seems to happen with the likes of Electric Ireland....

• Advertisement

I met the owner of the house I bought, the day I got the keys, we checked the metre together.
    Surely the estate agent would put the owner and you in touch so you can sort these things out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OP- ring Electric Ireland with the meter number and its current reading asap- and tell them you need to setup a new account. Bonkers.ie has a good comparison of prices from the various companies supplying into the market- though make sure your choice fits your circumstances.

Advertisement