Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorism risk for Aer Lingus?

Options
  • 09-01-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

If Aer Lingus has to be sold (and there is no financial reason why it should be sold), there is no reason why it should not be sold to a neutral country based airline. Eg Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian, Singapore, Emirates, Etihad (to the extent allowed), Scandinavian, (SAS would be OK, aside from its current ownership by multiple governments – ie bureaucracy), it must not be allowed to be taken over by countries with a legacy of terrorism against other countries. Eg GB, FR, ES, etc.

While I have no problem with the average English, French, Spanish etc person, I don’t want their colonial baggage to be clamped on to Ireland’s national airline. Period. I don’t’ want an Aer Lingus aircraft to be involved in Charlie Hebdo event, due to an aircraft swap or whatever. No connections please with extremist global domination governments or those fighting against same.

Ireland’s neutrality is probably the most important characteristic of the nation. Our national airline should not be allowed to get into bed with an airline who other people might think of as owned by terrorist government controlled states. Be it legacy or current activity.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/aer-lingus-rejects-second-takeover-offer-from-ba-owner-1.2060187

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement