Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airline texted to say flight recheduled

Options
  • 09-01-2015 10:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Flying out with etihad tomorrow morning.

Flight supposed to go at 8.20.
    They've texted me to say rescheduled to 10.20.

Does this mean check in is two hours later also???
    I.e. I can check in at 7.50 rather than 5.50??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

You can check in later, though EY check in should still be open at 06.00 if you arrive early.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Really would prefer the later check in. But want to be absolutely sure, don't want to be refused boarding if didn't check in at "right" time...

Anyone here work for etihad?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

amdublin wrote: »
    Really would prefer the later check in. But want to be absolutely sure, don't want to be refused boarding if didn't check in at "right" time...

Anyone here work for etihad?!

Im not saying it in a smart way but would you not try ring the airport handling agent and ask? Im nearly sure if its the airline rescheduling the flight time the check in time gets pushed back also, where as if its just a normal delay the normal check in time aplies, either way enjoy your flight

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kevjob

Check-in for Etihad Airways flights opens 3 hours before departure. Once you have received the official rescheduled information you are okay to check-in later.

I would do the online check-in with Etihad so that you have your seats selected and the plan for the 0750 to the airport.

Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd go an hour later than they told you, the inbound from ABH isn't due in until 09.45 so you're looking at a departure after 11.00

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'd go an hour later than they told you, the inbound from ABH isn't due in until 09.45 so you're looking at a departure after 11.00

You are dead right Lord local!
    Checked in online last night and it is showing as 11.15 dept.

Now if only I could sleep :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yup checkin is later, I got a text from Aer Lingus telling my flight from New York was delayed by 2 hours because of late inbound aircraft, specifically so I didn't turn up hours and hours before.

On my way to JFK I was going through all sorts of worst case scenarios in my head (like they hadn't meant checkin would begin later etc), but the checkin agent said one the delay has been communicated officially assume the checkin has been moved.

billie1b wrote: »
    Im not saying it in a smart way but would you not try ring the airport handling agent and ask? Im nearly sure if its the airline rescheduling the flight time the check in time gets pushed back also, where as if its just a normal delay the normal check in time aplies, either way enjoy your flight

A fair point billy. I was out at the time, when I got home and had my ref no I tried ringing and going online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

amdublin wrote: »
    A fair point billy. I was out at the time, when I got home and had my ref no I tried ringing and going online.

All sorted now anyways id say, time to sit back, relax and enjoy

Advertisement