Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front bumper Nissan Micra

Options
  • 09-01-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Last night I reversed into a Nissan Micra and a dented in the corner of the front bumper. First of all it looks to me that you could panel beat it but im no expert, I received a qoute today for 580 euro for a new from bumper for a 05 Nissan Micra, does anyone know if this is off the wall or not, it includes everything labour etc

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not that high - the rear bumper on mine cost about 700 a while ago - and another bit for a hire car for the overnight it was in for.

As its not your car that was damaged its not your decision between panel beating or new so you should just get that out of your head in considering the price. If you'd be reversed in to you'd want new.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Never said it was my decision im saying from the look of it you absolute clown

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Torres999 wrote: »
    Never said it was my decision im saying from the look of it you absolute clown

You mentioned it as if it had any impact on the repair price. It doesn't.

L1011 wrote: »
    You mentioned it as if it had any impact on the repair price. It doesn't.

Oh is that how you understood it, you must not be very intelligent, I'll be clearer next time for low IQ individuals

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op the last poster was giving good advice.

Thats not too bad you could ask would they mind if you got it done if you know someone cheaper.

Your lucky not looking for bad kneck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

If your attitude at the time of the incident was anything like it is on this thread I doubt the injured party would be in any way inclined to find a "cheap" fix for you.

PatM65 wrote: »
    If your attitude at the time of the incident was anything like it is on this thread I doubt the injured party would be in any way inclined to find a "cheap" fix for you.

I see what you mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

With such an attitude problem, it's a wonder anybody is willing to help you.

With such an attitude problem, it's a wonder anybody is willing to help you.

Not looking for help I've loads of cash just wanted a yes/no on the fair quote question

I'll do it for €1000 seen as you have loads of cash:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I'll do it for €1000 seen as you have loads of cash:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Just because someone has cash doesn't mean you pay more thing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OP you asked a question, just because you received an answer you don't agree with doesn't mean you can have a go at the other posters.

As the person who answered your question originally stated, as you are originally at fault you don't get a say as to how the situation is resolved. Bunpers are unfortunately expensive things these days as they are a lot more complicated than the simple chrome bumpers of old.

Torres999 wrote: »
    Just because someone has cash doesn't mean you pay more thing

You may have to with the attitude :D

You may have to with the attitude :D

Noted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

In before the lock :D just wow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement