Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

named driver. first time insurance.

Options
  • 09-01-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I'm doing my theory test next week and I'm planning on getting insured on my girlfriends car (1.4, 2004, Astra). She has her full licence 2 years and is insured with liberty. I'm 24 and want to be a named driver for a year till I can buy my own car. Do u think her premium will increase much? I'm planning to pay the extra.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Probably 1000-1500 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Noone will be able to give you an exact amount. Ring around the various companies and get quotes. It'll probably be over 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only ones who can tell you this is your girlfriend's insurance company. However expect it to be hefty enough as these days insurance companies tend to load the premium of whoever is the highest risk driver on the policy irrespective of whether they are the policy holder or not.

Advertisement