Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should I do?

Options
  • 09-01-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Strange one, I don't know how to pursue it and the situation bothers me now. I am in this job six months. From the start I knew he conditions, but there was some view for modification of them in the future. It's been 6 months and there is no mention of such.

Basically I work 40 hours spread over six days a week. It bothers me that I only really have one day to rest and relax, cannot make the real plans as for that I have to take additional day off by booking it. We have another office in different location and staff over there work five days, 38 hour shifts. It's annoying and somehow my instinct is telling me that I've walked into this by my own permission and I only have myself to blame for it. Is it true that the management can distribute the hours however they want even if over six days?

I guess my only option now is either to speak to the manager and try to negotiate change or look for new job, with proper two days off? Anyone any thoughts on that? I would appreciate advise.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭harrymagina

Look for a new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Why not just ask about the possibility of a 5 day week?

Advertisement