Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Tracking] The Spine Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

There was a delay to the start, 2 hours later than expected due to weather. So looks like the leaders are going hell for leather.

Eoin is sticking with (or in front of) last years winner.

334381.png

Judging by what pictures are coming through the conditions are rotten to say the least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Enduro still leading. 10 hours in. Savage

http://spine.opentracking.co.uk/leaderboard/

Wow, don't know what happened but the leader by a long way right now is last years winner Pavel Paloncy. Enduro still holding strong in 3rd.

The weather apparently is attrocious leading to course changes:
    We are planning route changes due to the continuation of severe weather. These changes to the route will take place after CP3 Middleton in Teesdale mainly to CP4 Alston. They are designed to use available lower level routes and avoid the larger fells such as Cross Fell. For further information on the weather, visit the Met Officemetoffice.gov.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Interesting race, I assume the top end of the field do not really sleep during it?

Eoin and another guy were sleeping at one stage last night. The leader, I assume, is a robot! He's just a machine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

The races twitter account talks about holding athletes at checkpoint 2 (Eoin) until 8am this morning and currently holding the leader at checkpoint 3. I guess this is their way of managing safety in some fairly extreme weather conditions whilst also being as fair as they can to everyone.

So with all the stops & starts and updates to timing chips it looks like Pavel is sitll in the lead with Enduro just 42 minutes behind.

334819.png

Looking at the last two stages though Enduro is moving quicker and closing the gap

I am very confused with all the delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

It's confusing as hell, last time I checked he was in the lead, but 13 hours behind, made no sense.

Good to see that they seem to be putting some kind of order on it.

Would have been mandatory stops on account of the safety aspect. There was also an issue with some of the tracking too. It's all upto date now, with all credits and changes in order.

• Advertisement

The two lads are still together. With 40 miles left to race there still seems to be a gap of 42 mins or so (Enduro in second place).

Again seem to be held in transition so hopefully Enduro is resting and getting ready for the 40 mile sprint finish!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

They ran together from CP4 to CP5 (60.77 km), it'll be interesting to see if they do the same for the remaining 63.65 km or if Enduro goes for the win.

They may still be reminiscing on last year's Beast of Ballyhoura, Pavel was on the winning Czech AR team.

Enduro gone into the lead and gaining ground on Pavel. He's eating into the 42 mins!!

GOGOGOGOGOGO!!!

~8 minutes apart now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Where's Pavel gone to?

Not showing up on my tracker for the last while.

Tech issue? DNF?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

pointer28 wrote: »
    Where's Pavel gone to?

Not showing up on my tracker for the last while.

Tech issue? DNF?

He's showing up miles ahead on mine at the moment with Enduro having barely moved in the past hour. Hope everything is ok.

Clearlier wrote: »
    He's showing up miles ahead on mine at the moment with Enduro having barely moved in the past hour. Hope everything is ok.

Enduro's GPS has not updated since 10.30am... probably a signal issue.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Enduro's GPS has not updated since 10.30am... probably a signal issue.

Pavel registered on the leaderboard as having checked in to Bryness at 11:17. No sign of Enduro yet, hopefully just a tracker issue!

I'd say they're getting the crap weather that hit us last night. Looks like Enduro is making a call :)

335133.png

Enduro in now, 10 mins down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Enduro in now, 10 mins down.

He's ahead on the tracker now. What's going on with the leaderboard? Pavel supposedly up by 5 hours overall? I'm confused!

He's ahead on the tracker now. What's going on with the leaderboard? Pavel supposedly up by 5 hours overall? I'm confused!

On Facebook they say that the trackers had to be updated. With Pavel being held at CP3 they must have stopped the clock (I'd expect that) which is where Eoin 'caught' up. That time has been put back into place.

Looks like a fantastic race by the two up front with the two boys racing for the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

It's addictive tracking how he's doing. Can't imagine racing in weather like this :)

Well that is Enduro finished!! Awesome stuff.

Hopefully he at some point played Blind Man's Bluff with Pavel and has sent him off in the wrong direction for a few hours :D

AKW wrote: »
    Well that is Enduro finished!! Awesome stuff.

Hopefully he at some point played Blind Man's Bluff with Pavel and has sent him off in the wrong direction for a few hours :D

Unless he is lost for another 6 hours I don't know if it will make much odds.

No excuse for Enduro not to run AON tomorrow night now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭griffin100

Unless he is lost for another 6 hours I don't know if it will make much odds.

No excuse for Enduro not to run AON tomorrow night now...

Speaking of the AON best of luck this weekend Mloc!!

Great result. I don't know if Enduro was playing down his chances or not, based on his blog I wasn't expecting him to come second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I had presumed he went over to win. He's a competitive chap.
    A great effort nonetheless.
    Seemed like a great battle between two worthy lads, and the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Awesome result and riveting dot watching. Well done Enduro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Thanks for watching all! Race report is underway now...

Advertisement