Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lemode-mgz[dot]com/

Options
  • 09-01-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else encourntering these pop-ups?

They're popping up sporadically for me while browsing Boards and it happens on Apollo Duck too.
    Some news/health and wellness crap with a picture of oprah.

AH probably isn't the place for this thread, so if it's not just me it's happening to, then a mod can feel free to shunt it as appropriate..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is anyone else encourntering these pop-ups?

They're popping up sporadically for me while browsing Boards and it happens on Apollo Duck too.
    Some news/health and wellness crap with a picture of oprah.

AH probably isn't the place for this thread, so if it's not just me it's happening to, then a mod can feel free to shunt it as appropriate..

Found it happening on Chrome for me on a work computer. Also was getting ads in threads despite being logged in.

Switched back to Firefox and no problem.

So it could be a malware pop up thingie affecting Chrome perhaps?

Also - AH answer - Burn your computer down.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Surely, turn it off and on again?

Nim wrote: »
    Surely, turn it off and on again?

BURN IT!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,244 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Its a computer virus. You need to get some computer antibiotics asap!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Akrasia wrote: »
    Its a computer virus. You need to get some computer antibiotics asap!!
    :rolleyes:

Everyone knows antibiotics are no use for viruses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Yes it's happening to me too but only on boards ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Haha, you contracted AH Aids. Computer is fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Found it happening on Chrome for me on a work computer. Also was getting ads in threads despite being logged in.

Switched back to Firefox and no problem.

So it could be a malware pop up thingie affecting Chrome perhaps?

Either you installed a dodgy add-on to chrome (check the list of them for ones that seem fishy) or you've some kind of malware that installed one.

Google the names of any weird add-ons you find and you should be able to find a discussion board with a solution listed somewhere. If there's no add-ons, check in the task manager for suspiciously named processes and google them.

Either you installed a dodgy add-on to chrome (check the list of them for ones that seem fishy) or you've some kind of malware that installed one.

Google the names of any weird add-ons you find and you should be able to find a discussion board with a solution listed somewhere. If there's no add-ons, check in the task manager for suspiciously named processes and google them.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It's a shared work computer so I'm not sure who to blame for it but it sure as feck wasn't me.

I'm back on the same computer again today and Chrome has gone pop-up crazy.
    I don't have rights to install anything on this system so can't clean it up. Irritating as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

Sounds like adware. Check your browser's add-ons/extensions for anything suspicious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement