Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drupal Website Constantly Crashing - Need Help!

Options
  • 09-01-2015 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,

I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with a major problem I'm having with a website I maintain at work. It's crashed or got the WSOD about 6 times since November 11th, 2014 - the date of the first crash.

It's built on Drupal 6 and is hosted on a dedicated Linux server. The server type is Apache.

I've trained as a Web Designer and know enough on the development side to get me so far but the problems the site is causing me are way above my pay grade and knowledge.

The site crashed this morning and has just gone back online. I had previously turned on error messaging and this message appeared once the site went up.

Warning: Can't find record in 'cache' query: SELECT data, created, headers, expire, serialized FROM cache WHERE cid = 'variables' in /var/www/drupal/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 135

If anyone could help me I'd be grateful as this has become a major issue recently.

I also have error logs I could PM if anyone could help at all.

Thanks,

Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭jmcc

Not knowing much about Drupal, the problem looks to be one with the database rather than with Drupal based on the error message above. Check the table in the database to see if it is corrupted or crashed.

The current Drupal release seems to be 7.34 and the version 6 might be a bit outdated. Drupal also had some security issues recently.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cian84

Thanks jmcc,

It seems to be a database problem alright.

A predecessor set up the programme Adminer to manage the database.

At the bottom of the screen under the title "Routines" it says:

"Column count of mysql.proc is wrong. Expected 20, found 16. Created with MySQL 50077, now running 50527. Please use mysql_upgrade to fix this error."

Then underneath, under the title "Events" it says:

"Cannot proceed because system tables used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start"

I tried googling this issue, and they recommended certain steps to try to fix it but I have no idea how to run any of the scripts or whatever in Adminer to perform the necessary upgrades.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Talisman

You need to run the mysql_upgrade command each time you upgrade MySQL. It checks the databases for incompatibilities, if problems are found then it attempts to perform repairs.

You should always backup the database before doing an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cian84

Thanks Talisman. I'll to figure out how to run the upgrade command in the Adminer software.

Advertisement