Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design with Adobe Dreamweaver

Options
  • 09-01-2015 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Thinking about doing this FAS course.
    Would it be difficult for someone who has no experience in web design (but does have some experience in programming)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It would be extremely easy, but I would urge you to learn HTML/CSS and not rely on dreamweaver... ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ulty77

One of the modules are HTML/CSS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I meant to concentrate on this and learn to write code instead of relying on dreamweaver's drag and drop of HTML objects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

You're better off just doing some HTML5 tutorials maybe get a reference list or a cheat sheet, i still use one from time to time! Don't use dreamweaver theres plenty of free text editors you can use to code out there, personally I like to use sublime text! It's got nice colour options to help you see what you're writing when you're working on projects.

In regards to designing websites coding html and css isn't designing its the beginning of development, designing is done in photoshop, illustrator its where you create the "picture" of how you want your website to look. Even before that it's done on paper when you decide what you want your buttons or elements in the page to do. I want buttons, these buttons will do this when clicked or hovered on, when you go to the next page the content will fade in. Designing each part of your page is how you get good at it.

If you don't do out a basic design first and get whats called a Style Guide before going into html and css then your sites going to be a mess. Having a clear picture going into a project is one of the handiest things ever!. Even if you're only working on the design side of things always have it that way you can easily get the colour codes, font sizes, button sizes.

No point paying for a course if there's so many online resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭stillalive88

It is always useful to have a teacher. My first introduction to webdesign was quite messy, and it was based on dreamweaver.
    I quickly learned that it is a tool that makes you do extra-simple things quickly, then puts lots of mistakes and unneeded stuff in your code, and you are always working to fix those.
    Then I tried to just work with the code and found out it was surprisingly way easier.
    No mistakes unless I did one, and that is simpler to control.
    If the fas course is free and not very long I'd say still try it, but if you have experience in programming, I do not see how you could possibly need someone to teach you HTML/CSS, as far as I remember studying very basic java and C++ was much more complex.

• Advertisement
Advertisement