Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A way to borrow 40K?! PLease help

Options
  • 09-01-2015 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

So i'm interested in buying my first home. I have saved so far 35K by myself. I am a single man 25 and have only very recently gotten a state job. I've been working the last 4 months in this job.
    I appplied for a mortage before but at the time I was working in a job that only contracted me 20 hours each week even though i got more than this amount without fail but the bank would not approve my application.

Firstly the house im looking at is 750000 so I need a mortage of 40000
    I'm thinking I will be refused this mortage as I'm not in the job 6 months
    could I ask my mother would she get a top up mortage so i could aquire the 40k
    could I ask the credit union for a loan of 38000 and get a fmaily member to give me the further 2k needed.

I just need help and im wondering what my best options are?
    Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hi

So i'm interested in buying my first home. I have saved so far 35K by myself. I am a single man 25 and have only very recently gotten a state job. I've been working the last 4 months in this job.
    I appplied for a mortage before but at the time I was working in a job that only contracted me 20 hours each week even though i got more than this amount without fail but the bank would not approve my application.

Firstly the house im looking at is 750000 so I need a mortage of 40000
    I'm thinking I will be refused this mortage as I'm not in the job 6 months
    could I ask my mother would she get a top up mortage so i could aquire the 40k
    could I ask the credit union for a loan of 38000 and get a fmaily member to give me the further 2k needed.

I just need help and im wondering what my best options are?
    Please help

You will need a few thousand now for solicitors, surveys, stamp duty etc.
    I would wait the couple of months and see if you can get approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

mickdw wrote: »
    You will need a few thousand now for solicitors, surveys, stamp duty etc.
    I would wait the couple of months and see if you can get approved.

Well the house is actually on the market for 65000
    But I'm looking for 40k to factor in the price of the above mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Well the house is actually on the market for 65000
    But I'm looking for 40k to factor in the price of the above mentioned

75,000 or 750,000?!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

Roselm wrote: »
    75,000 or 750,000?!

No just 75000

Advertisement