Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A friend being two faced

Options
  • 09-01-2015 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

So I found out that a close friend of mine, or that I thought,was literally talking **** about me almost every week behind my back. It's strange how people have two sides, and it seems that the friendship is artificial, completely different person to my face.

I found out from an aquintance about a year ago, but it didn't really bother me back then. She would tell me that he questions everything that I do, trying to make a laugh about it,trying to better himself. Now I am hearing it from three different people, all telling me confidentially.

I know it sounds childish and it might come accross as playground stuff, "Oh teacher, he said something bad about me", but that's not the way it is. I literally don't know what I did wrong to begin with, but I literally get criticized about every little thing that I do, slagging me and dragging out every little error that occurs. It's as if I can't even tell him anything anymore because I know that he is trying to make a laugh of me. I have started to shelter myself from him and refuse to tell him about my plans, even when he asks repeatedly.

Can anyone get their head around these kind of people? Is this a real friend?

Have to ever been under constant supervision like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

He ain't your friend, guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Literally?

A far as I'm concerned when you're an adult you get away from all this ****e. If you find yourself in this kind of situation you remove yourself from it - that is to say you don't spend your time thinking about it wondering bla bla bla, you just cut him out and be done with it. Next please.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Literally?

A far as I'm concerned when you're an adult you get away from all this ****e. If you find yourself in this kind of situation you remove yourself from it - that is to say you don't spend your time thinking about it wondering bla bla bla, you just cut him out and be done with it. Next please.

This. Fcuk him, do something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Sounds like a total prick, I wouldn't take it to heart too much though, that kind of arse will just put down whoever they can to try and make themselves feel better. I'd say if you think about it for a bit you can probably think of a few people he makes fun of when he's with you too.

Advertisement