Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 quid fine in dundrum for upside down ticket

Options
  • 08-01-2015 10:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭

Taking the piss surely.
    Fundrum pay and display.
    Ticket was upside down on the dashboard :/

I guess that would be relative to the person reading the ticket???

Has anyone appealed this? Tell me your stories?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Also. Dog ate my sandwich.

Its been a bad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Why didn't you just put it the right way around? It's not hard ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,427 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

If these clampers/traffic wardens aren't careful they'll end up being very unpopular.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

What type of sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Was it a council carpark? were you clamped, if no to both, then pop it in the bin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

it is upto the person displaying ticket to make sure it is visible when leaving car,got caught out myself as a gust of wind flipped a ticket ended up paying it.

Was it a council carpark? were you clamped, if no to both, then pop it in the bin

Dun laoirige rathdowney county council.

The one accross from the cinema entrance in dundrum.

I thought i did put it in the right way. The wind was mental, id say it must have done a swivel as i closed the door

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Reminds me of a few years ago when I got an €80 ticket in a Tesco carpark. Rang them up, asked them did they know my name or have any of my details like address etc., they said no but if I gave it to them I could appeal the ticket. I thanked them politely and told them 'no thanks', wished them luck in tracking me down.

Never heard a dickie bird from them, I'm sure lots of people give them their details...rookie mistake.

greasepalm wrote: »
    it is upto the person displaying ticket to make sure it is visible when leaving car,got caught out myself as a gust of wind flipped a ticket ended up paying it.

It was visible. Just upside down

lolosaur wrote: »
    Dun laoirige rathdowney county council.

The one accross from the cinema entrance in dundrum.

I thought i did put it in the right way. The wind was mental, id say it must have done a swivel as i closed the door

if it was a valid ticket, bring it to the council, i'd be amazed if they don't waive it, straight away

• Advertisement

What type of sandwich?

Minute steak in chilli sauce on brown bap with mushrooms, onions and diced sausage topped with mozzerella and philadelphia. I was having a bad day all round and wanted some thing quick and tasty. Its my favoritiest of all the sandwiches. Went back to kitchen for my drink amd came back and the dog had it off the side table.

Now im not even talking to the dog. Everyones miserable :(

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Reminds me of a few years ago when I got an €80 ticket in a Tesco carpark. Rang them up, asked them did they know my name or have any of my details like address etc., they said no but if I gave it to them I could appeal the ticket. I thanked them politely and told them 'no thanks', wished them luck in tracking me down.

Never heard a dickie bird from them, I'm sure lots of people give them their details...rookie mistake.

They have your car reg?

They have your car reg?

car reg means nothing if they can't look up the database, only state agencies/Garda can do thst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Did this actually happen?

I hate private clampers as much as the next man, but that seems a step too far even for them.

What reason does it have on the docket thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Call them...tell them you had a valid ticket. If they want to take it further ask them to send any correspondence to your home. If they ask you for your address tell them to take the words "off" and "fuck" and re-arrange them into a popular phrase or saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Congratulations, you have met the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown parking Gestapo.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Did someone tell you that despite the ticket being visible you got a fine because it was upside down??

Its been mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Ask them what proof, tell them it was an error by the inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

When you say "upside down", do you mean that the information was facing the dashboard and all they could see was the back of the ticket or was it just at a funny angle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

a ticket been upside down facing dashboard is not visible ,try turning your 3 certs around other way,tax insurance and nct then they wont be visible to be read from outside of car

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Did this actually happen?

I hate private clampers as much as the next man, but that seems a step too far even for them.

What reason does it have on the docket thing?

Reason 9a.

It was only after ringing the. No on the back i was told what the offence was

Also. Ive made sticky bbq chicken wings. A long way back but 2nd bestest food i want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Taking the piss surely.
    Fundrum pay and display.
    Ticket was upside down on the dashboard :/

I guess that would be relative to the person reading the ticket???

Has anyone appealed this? Tell me your stories?

I would definitely go down the appeals road on this one ........

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/transportation/applyforit/parkingappealprocess/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Unbelievable. The injustice of this just rots my gacker - the effort, the hassle, the fact you already had it, carefully placed, all legit and paid for, and then this happens. There is no justice. What right do they have to act like this?? Robbing peoples sandwiches. Feckin dogs. Oh yeah, and sorry about the parking fine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

car reg means nothing if they can't look up the database, only state agencies/Garda can do thst

So essentially only a county council car park can get your details via your registration if you haven't paid?

Advertisement