Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do people in the Republic even pay attention to the League of Ireland?

Options
  • 08-01-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Never met a single person from the south who does. All of them are massive into the EPL and I have no idea why?

All the dubs in my workplace talk about which English team they bet on 24/7 when I'm around them, more than any person from Belfast/England does. Even on these boards I don't see much mention of your own football league. I see plenty of usernames with references to Manchester United somehow fitted in.

So my first question is; do you pay attention to your own league?

My second question is; do you ever feel embarrassed supporting a team in the EPL or constantly fawning over English domestic football?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

some do, some dont.....its fair ****e though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Well, I do at any rate.

C'mon the bit o'red!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The what now? Is that a political party?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

some do, some dont.....its fair ****e though....

Genuinely never met a guy from down South who was into it which is weird. Used to live in Derry and they're more into it than any guy from down south I've met is (dcfc), but they're not into Gaelic football at all.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Better suited to the Soccer forum

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement