Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate not taken in charge - can this affect my house sale?

Options
  • 08-01-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello all,
    My house is almost sold. The purchaser's solicitor has asked if the estate is taken in charge. The answer is no, but the bond holder (the builder has gone bust), has agreed a programme of works with the council. Once these are complete, the estate will be taken in charge.

Should or could this cause a problem? There is a management company in operation and management agents maintaining the estate.

Thanks
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Many properties are bought or sold without the property being taken in charge. It is perfectly reasonable for a buyer to enquire as to what the situation is, so they know what they are getting into.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BenIrishHome

emmetfahy wrote: »
    Hello all,
    My house is almost sold. The purchaser's solicitor has asked if the estate is taken in charge. The answer is no, but the bond holder (the builder has gone bust), has agreed a programme of works with the council. Once these are complete, the estate will be taken in charge.

Should or could this cause a problem? There is a management company in operation and management agents maintaining the estate.

Thanks
    E

I've done a few of these (Bought and sold). You should be fine if a receiver or management company has been setup. Who is the estate managing agent or receiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭emmetfahy

Hi, thanks, but I'd rather not get into specifics re the company name etc.

Advertisement