Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respond housing (Meath)

Options
  • 08-01-2015 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey guys ive been offered a respond 2 bed house in the meath area iam very excited about been offered a house to make a home for my son and i, however iam hearing a lot of bad things about the area and about respond in general i havent much time left to except or refuse the house, iam very tore and trying to weigh up the pros and cons any advice greatly appericated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Have you spoken to respond about your concerns? Are you moving from another part of the country to move into this housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

Hi i actually havent spoke to them about my concerns i dont want to come across ungrateful and yeah iam moving about 10 mins outside of the town iam currently in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Where are the comments coming from? Are they reliable or someone with an axe to grind? The website looks grand.. there are rules of course and not everyone will like thathttp://www.respond.ie/resident-support/asb/

The comments are just coming from "friends" when i told them i got a house they then told me it was a bad area and lots of anti socail behavour etc but all areas these days have a bit that and after all it is what you make it i have till next wensday to let them know but a handful of my friends are really putting me off cant they just be happy for me? After all iam after waiting a extremely long time to be offered a house

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

karareilly wrote: »
    The comments are just coming from "friends" when i told them i got a house they then told me it was a bad area and lots of anti socail behavour etc but all areas these days have a bit that and after all it is what you make it i have till next wensday to let them know but a handful of my friends are really putting me off cant they just be happy for me? After all iam after waiting a extremely long time to be offered a house

Take the house and enjoy your new home were waiting 8 years this year and wouldn't be waiting for what friends and families say before taking a home .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I Presume you have gone out to visit the house, spent some time in the area, knocked on the neighbours door and introduced yourself. Get independent advice, don't just take the word of your friends who may be biased for various reasons.

I have viewed the house and its ideal for me and my son, and i have spent time in the area i personally found everyone actually quiet friendly got speaking to the neighbour she seems lovely over all i got a good vibe, i dont usually listen to friends or family but why are they saying its so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

OP, when I was offered a house, people tried to put me off it because they said the area was dodgy but I knocked on neighbour's doors and asked them what the area was like. They put my mind at ease and I'm so glad I listened because I haven't experienced any issues at all and I'm very happy now.

If you dont mind me asking wat part of meath are you waiting 8 years ive been waiting 5 well almost 6 i thaught that was bad

Some areas got bad reputations years ago and though the areas themselves may have improved, other people's perceptions of them haven't.

Ask your friends if they have concrete reasons for their advice; they probably don't. Maybe they don't want you moving out of town. To some people a 10 min drive might as well be on the moon!

• Advertisement

Thanks iam the same got chatting to my new neighbour shes lovely and got speaking to another women that was out walking her dog i asked her about the area like you she did put my mind at ease, and so are these replys so i do think ill go for it my gut is telling me too ive waited almost 6 years and i am so excited about it but my so called friends are really putting a damper on it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If you dont mind me asking wat part of meath are you waiting 8 years ive been waiting 5 well almost 6 i thaught that was bad

We're in Dublin waits here alot longer if I remember right fussy onion who posted earlier waited longer

You have hit the nail on the head its fecking 10 mins inner around that iam currently in navan and they think iam nuts going to trim iam still going be in town shopping visting etc, but i have to do what right for me and my son and i do feel i should take it after all i dont do things to please others have to think what is the better area for my son to grow up in

You have hit the nail on the head its fecking 10 mins inner around that iam currently in navan and they think iam nuts going to trim iam still going be in town shopping visting etc, but i have to do what right for me and my son and i do feel i should take it after all i dont do things to please others have to think what is the better area for my son to grow up in

I had a feeling the 'distance' was the reason they were so negative. If you're happy with the area, the school for your son etc then go for it.

Your friends and family can always visit in Trim; it's a lovely town. You're not moving to Timbuktu!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yes I'm in Dublin and I was waiting 10 years for a two-bed. Go with your gut and your neighbour's opinions; they have no reason to lie to you.

I know right and iam not bashing navan when i say this but the areas i be offered here compared to the area i was offered in trim theres a huge differance and i think trim is a lovely town with great community spirit there also worried cause i dont know anyone in trim

Your dead right i think ill ring in the morning and except it :) iam so excited and cant wait to finally have a place i can call home for me and my son thank you all for your advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,746 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

there also worried cause i dont know anyone in trim

But you do - you said yourself that you've met two people already!

Friends often don't want people to move on to better things, because they're in a comfortable spot themselves.

Enjoy your new home.

Thanks mrs obumble the morning cant come quick enough so i can call them and except the house :):) thats it there too much of homebirds moving 10 15 mins out of town seems to be a big deal for them but i dont live my life for others live it for my son and i, think he be very happy there, it be nice tho if they were excited for me :/

You go girl! Maybe they are jealous! It sounds grand and hoping that you will be very happy there..Some " friends" right?

• Advertisement

calgary alberta? Just noticed location!

Thanks me too i think i made the right move yeah friends is right :/ yeah did live in calgary alberta came back to my hometown navan last xmas must change the location

How do i change my location :/
    Graces7 wrote: »
    calgary alberta? Just noticed location!

Advertisement