Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic police to wear adult diapers during Pope's visit

Options
  • 08-01-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

When Pope Francis visits the Philippines next week, traffic enforcers won’t let the capital’s streets get gridlocked if they have to answer the call of nature.

About 2,000 traffic enforcers who will be on duty during the 15-19 January papal visit will be required to wear adult diapers, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority chairman, Francis Tolentino, said.

Tolentino also encouraged people who will wait for hours to see the pope to also wear diapers.

The prospect of wearing diapers while on duty was “well received” by his men, he said on Wednesday.

LINK

What is the most ridiculous thing that an employer has expected you to do?
    Fortunately, I have not had any unreasonable requests made of me during my working life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Gyalist wrote: »
    LINK

Fortunately, I have not had any unreasonable requests made of me during my working life.

Stop Farting in the Office

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

And it's not even a waterford whispers story....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

LINK

Sh*t job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Its a bit of a mad story to be honest. Filipinos tend to be good reasonable people when compared to some of their neighbours....but this story is true.
    Checked it with a workmate who also informed me that they have just been given three days public holidays to celebrate the popes visit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Its a bit of a mad story to be honest. Filipinos tend to be good reasonable people when compared to some of their neighbours....but this story is true.
    Checked it with a workmate who also informed me that they have just been given three days public holidays to celebrate the popes visit.

My wife's aunt was a nun who traveled to many countries doing vocational and missionary work; I remember her saying that The Philippines was her most enjoyable time. She couldn't speak highly enough about the people.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

At the end of the workday I'd drop my tweeds, take off my piss and dung sodden diaper and launch it into the crowd and then listen for that dull slop-thump sound as it connected with one or more heads sending its contents in all directions followed by the cries of disgust and revulsion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Gap in the market for portable toilets in the Phillipines it seems...

I wouldn't want to change that big baby's nappy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

smash wrote: »
    And it's not even a waterford whispers story....

That's what I checked first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

No way would I take that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The police should refuse the order, take their toilet breaks as is their human right, and hope someone murders the pope in their absence. Everyone's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Far from diapers you were raised...unless you're American. If so, carry on.

Advertisement