Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New BMW 7 series spy shots

Options
  • 08-01-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭

Quite revealing pics. Doesn't look like a game changer, quite heavy and bloated proportions, a far cry from the concept car carrot they dangled. Ignoring the 'i' cars BMW really seems to have lost its way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBGOjJU7GDoOdAuKPzy-ko9dO5Ri5u4BDdoHJNIhMBBpn_Mlrq

bmw-7-series-1.jpg?itok=V3i0rmyQ

bmw-7-series-004.jpg?itok=9hqHg6t8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That thing is fcuk ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

why do they keep making uglier and uglier 7 series.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

e38 is still the nicest 7 series ever. Don't particularly like the look of this one, but that being said a 7 series just isn't my kind of car at the minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Because people keep buying them

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

It's true, the E65 could be called ugly... but I think they are like an ugly baby, if it's your ugly baby you love it.;)

I like it, I think it will still do the job in the "road presence" stakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

Whats the stuff on the dash for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

The top pic and the 3rd are different cars,the camouflage car doesn't look too bad like a bigger 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Stunner.
    if I could only afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sblythe wrote: »
    Whats the stuff on the dash for?

Its a test mule so they'll have all sorts of extra equipment in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Looks poor from the outside, but will reserve judgement until it's unwrapped at the end of the year.

Will be interesting to see what parts of the car will made from the carbon fibre reinforced plastic, at least the roof and boot lid i'd say.

The production cycles of the flagships always seem to favour Mercedes; the S-class is launched and then the 7 series is always left to play catch up.
    I've a feeling though that this time the 7 will blow the S away with new technology like the augmented reality HUDs they've been developing, as well as passenger interaction with the car's infotainment system.

They'd wan't to improve the interior too over the last F series, I think it was very bland and conservative, it was even a step back from the E65 I think (apart from the dash).

No doubt the S-class will still be the better overall car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

This will have a four cylinder engine.... yuck, especially in a so-called 'luxury car'. Despite what the manufacturers like to claim, there is absolutely no comparison between a four cylinder and six cylinder engine to drive, as a drive of an E39 530d the other week demonstrated to me.

Advertisement