Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how long do I have to pay the vrt on a vehicle

Options
  • 08-01-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm thinking about buying a toyota avensis I'm getting it cheap as i would have to pay the duty on it but I wont be able to afford it for a couple of weeks just wondering does anyone know how long you have to pay it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

You have to make an appointment to visit NCT centre to register the car within 7 days, and the process has to be completed within 30 days. So in theory you could import the car on the 1st Feb, make the appointment on 7th Feb and choose the end of Feb as the date that you show up to do the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 noelyk91

Harcrid wrote: »
    You have to make an appointment to visit NCT centre to register the car within 7 days, and the process has to be completed within 30 days. So in theory you could import the car on the 1st Feb, make the appointment on 7th Feb and choose the end of Feb as the date that you show up to do the paperwork.

The car is already in the country I know the guy I'm buying it from, would I be able to wait 2 or 3 weeks to make an appointment to register the car as its been in the country a few weeks already and then go from there the vrt is €1700 so I won't have the money for a couple of weeks its a lot of hassle but the car is worth it if you know what I mean .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

make sure you have a dated receipt within the 7 days ;-) and the full V5C (assuming it's a UK car

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Obviously make sure its not a heap. There are a lot of expensive things that can go wrong on them.
    Don't assume it'll be bulletproof because its a toyota. (Assume its a diesel)

Advertisement