Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to stay awake

Options
  • 08-01-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

Ok so I got about two hours sleep last night but need to stay awake all day. Has anyone any tips on how to do this? I've already had three cups of coffee and am trying to keep moving around but whenever I sit still I get drowsy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

thelad95 wrote: »
    Ok so I got about two hours sleep last night but need to stay awake all day. Has anyone any tips on how to do this? I've already had three cups of coffee and am trying to keep moving around but whenever I sit still I get drowsy.

Don't sit still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Power naps, Vit-Hit, Excercise, crack one out, do exciting things etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

cocaine's a hell of a drug

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Go outside every hour for a blast of cold air.

Go to the jacks or walk around the office if you feel the eyes getting heavy. Just keep moving.

Go for a coffee.

Eat loads of sugary ****e.

Drink loads of water.

Or just go home and crawl into your warm, welcoming bed and drift off to dreamland. ahhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Speed is your best bet. You'll get a **** load of cleaning done as well.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Why do you need to stay awake? Are you dealing with the public? Coffee is not going to keep you awake if you are exhausted. It will only make you nauseous.
    If you can skive off and have a 30 minute nap then that's the best thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thinly veiled "I got the ride last night" thread.

Speed is your best bet. You'll get a **** load of cleaning done as well.
    Or any other high-intensity action flick really. Stay away from period dramas though. Zzzzzzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Power naps, Vit-Hit, Excercise, crack one out, do exciting things etc

Wouldn't this increase sleepiness?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

I have the exact same problem today too. Power naps are the only way. I just had one during lunch on a couch in a quiet part of the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I didn't sleep at all last night. Sleep is for the weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Have you tried heroin OP ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

fizzypish wrote: »
    Wouldn't this increase sleepiness?

Not if he's in school/college and he has to crack one out stealthy. Call the teacher over and you gotta be done before they get there etc

Not if he's in school/college and he has to crack one out stealthy. Call the teacher over and you gotta be done before they get there etc
    Teacher, I have this quest..ohhhhhhhh, ahhhhhh....awwww, this question about...awwwwwwww, **** ahhhh, the Romans...awww, Jesus.

Antihistamines are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I don't know maybe meth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Cold water around your face.

Very spicey food.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

KTRIC wrote: »
    Have you tried heroin OP ???

That'd sort of have the opposite effect. If you want to stay awake, gear's not your fella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That'd sort of have the opposite effect. If you want to stay awake, gear's not your fella!

Eh what ?? stay awake :confused:

I thought this was recommendations for some good gear. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Go out and get some fresh air.
    Interact with other people.
    Don't binge on sugary food, you'll just crash after the initial sugar rush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Antihistamines are good.

Non Drowsy obviously? (so basically a little bit of legal amphetamine analogue).
    Its not going to be that bad OP, I'd drink coke (non diet/zero) to keep the caffeine and sugar levels up between cups of coffee eat small amounts of junk constantly but no big amounts of food, keep cold and also put on some pounding tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Have you tried contemplating the inherent meaninglessness of existence?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

As in another 5 hours? Think of '24'.

Can we assume from the lack of further posts on this thread - and the hours long gap in the users posts since this thread - that he failed?

Advertisement