Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can't book NCT?

Options
  • 08-01-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭

My NCT is up but I cannot get through to them to book it. The phone line rings out, and I have sent an email but no response.

Something funny seems to have happened to their website too - you can't book online as you are brought to this page instead:

https://www.nct.ie/booking_app/Bookings/ManageBooking.aspx?language=english

Have they been hacked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

You can proceed past that warning and the site is fine, but you're wasting your time booking online at the moment anyway (if you need a test in the next couple of months, that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i agree however, I booked online on 1 jan for a test 5 jan and I have the re-test booked for 10 Jan so it can be done, you just have to check between 11.30pm and 9 am . There were plenty of available tests when I booked
    It's a crazy system but nothing seems to be done to correct it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Yeah I got on. There was nothing till the 1st April and mine expires on the 15th Jan! I rang them and they said to keep calling back for a cancellation.

I'll try tonight to see if there's any slots free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Definitely try just after 11:30pm, I did this twice last year and both times got tests within the next few days, one night it even offered me a test for the next morning at 10am!

bladebrew wrote: »
    Definitely try just after 11:30pm, I did this twice last year and both times got tests within the next few days, one night it even offered me a test for the next morning at 10am!

So online yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

So online yeah?

Yup it was two different cars aswell, both times it worked and it worked for Corktina above! I prefer online as you can look at the times available, where as on the phone they just say a time then I panic and take it!

Let us know how you get on, I feel like I have beaten the system somehow when this works:D

Will give it a try tonight.

Didn't work. Still no appointments till April. I need one by the 15th! :-\

edit: called this morning and got one over the phone.

Advertisement