Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike training/coach

Options
  • 08-01-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

I want to add more structure to my bike training, to reduce junk hours by training “smarter”/ to a specific plan. I’m also going to be losing a lot of free time over the next six months, so need to make every session count.

Thinking about going down the coach route, but not looking for a fancy dan package. Looking for something fairly simple ( at least I think it’s fairly simple) . Looking for a 6/7 month plan ( building up towards Dublin 70.3) which will contain two turbo sessions a week and my long cycle. Perhaps a monthly update to just see if I am on track or if plan needs to be adjusted.

Has anyone been on a similar sort of plan, and if so, with who, how did it go, how much and would you recommend ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

miller82 wrote: »
    I want to add more structure to my bike training, to reduce junk hours by training “smarter”/ to a specific plan. I’m also going to be losing a lot of free time over the next six months, so need to make every session count.

Thinking about going down the coach route, but not looking for a fancy dan package. Looking for something fairly simple ( at least I think it’s fairly simple) . Looking for a 6/7 month plan ( building up towards Dublin 70.3) which will contain two turbo sessions a week and my long cycle. Perhaps a monthly update to just see if I am on track or if plan needs to be adjusted.

Has anyone been on a similar sort of plan, and if so, with who, how did it go, how much and would you recommend ?

Cheers.

You should probably PM Peter Kerns. He is a full time coach and I am sure has something lined up for Dublin 70.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Or Jackyback

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Have you considered trainer road? 10 dollars per month, excellent power based training plans (it essentially acts as a coach for you).

Advertisement