Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Van - Leasing versus buying

Options
  • 08-01-2015 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at getting a commercial van. Does it make more sense to lease or to buy?

Looking at a mid sized van doing about 20k per year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

martyoo wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking at getting a commercial van. Does it make more sense to lease or to buy?

Looking at a mid sized van doing about 20k per year.

Is it through a company, or privately?

If it's private (or you are a sole trader) then buy a van as you'll struggle to find anyone to lease one to you.

If it's with an established company, lease it. Used Van pricing is at ludicrous levels now, so you'll be funding a small amount between purchase price and estimated resale value. Also means you can use the working capitol for your business rather than tying it up in a vehicle.

Hard to look past the Transit Custom or the new Vivaro if it's that type of van you are looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Is it through a company, or privately?

Thanks for the reply. It would be private (sole trader). Didn't think that would cause an issue for leasing!

Guess I'll be buying so. Yes I like the Transit Custom. Exactly what I'm looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Ford credit might be able to do something by the way of a lease for you.

Advertisement