Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial with more than two seats

Options
  • 08-01-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a commercial (for BIK purposes) car with more than the front two seats. I heard an ad on the radio advertising one but cant think who the manufacturer was.

Any estates or "jeeps" fit this bill? Currently have a Fora Kuga with two seats.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Most vans have three seats in front except the very smallest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

corktina wrote: »
    Most vans have three seats in front except the very smallest

Sorry should have clarified, don't want a van. Want something similiar to the Kuga or an estate but with a backseat. Need to know if something like that would be considered commercial for BIK purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

I think you can get a crew can conversion on lots of jeeps.
    There's a company that do it if you Google for it.

From what I understand, you will be hung by the gardai if using it outside of work purposes where they are a little more lenient on transit drivers dropping kids today school etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

toadfly wrote: »
    Sorry should have clarified, don't want a van. Want something similiar to the Kuga or an estate but with a backseat. Need to know if something like that would be considered commercial for BIK purposes.

No.

There's no commercial BIK, there's Van BIK.

To get the 5% rate, the vehicle has to meet Revenue's definition of a van, and that means no seats or windows behind the drivers seat.

If you want back seats, you pay BIK at passenger rates.

If you want 5% BIK, you are limited to front seats only, be they 2 or 3 across the front.

No way around this.

surpy wrote: »
    I think you can get a crew can conversion on lots of jeeps.
    There's a company that do it if you Google for it.

From what I understand, you will be hung by the gardai if using it outside of work purposes where they are a little more lenient on transit drivers dropping kids today school etc

I doubt you'd ever get a tug from the Gards, it is however as you say not permitted to use a commercially taxed vehicles for private purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

corktina wrote: »
    I doubt you'd ever get a tug from the Gards, it is however as you say not permitted to use a commercially taxed vehicles for private purposes.
    Snigger
    Whatever you're into yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

I think OP what you are looking for is an N1 vehicle, or crewcab. The following are officially for sale new as commercial with 5 seat:

- Land Rover Discovery
    - Toyota Landcruiser
    - Mitsubishi Pajero
    - Ford Kuga (4 seats)

If you look on donedeal & the likes you will see some second hands jeeps converted to N1

Snigger
    Whatever you're into yourself :P

yerra saw it as I typed, smiled and decided not to edit :-) Brighten your day

R.O.R wrote: »
    No.

There's no commercial BIK, there's Van BIK.

To get the 5% rate, the vehicle has to meet Revenue's definition of a van, and that means no seats or windows behind the drivers seat.

If you want back seats, you pay BIK at passenger rates.

If you want 5% BIK, you are limited to front seats only, be they 2 or 3 across the front.

No way around this.

Hasn't it been mentioned on here before that there are people paying 5% BIK on 5 seat commercial (possibly even being advertised as such by dealers)?

I may be wrong though, can't remember properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Hasn't it been mentioned on here before that there are people paying 5% BIK on 5 seat commercial (possibly even being advertised as such by dealers)?

I may be wrong though, can't remember properly.

They are, but once they get an audit from Revenue they'll be caught for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement