Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Fixed location Dental

Options
  • 08-01-2015 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Has anyone been for a check up with <snip> they apparently are visiting all the main business parks in Dublin offering free checkups and cleaning.k

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

sorry OP , no names allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

How can anyone answer my question then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

lyoness wrote: »

you can say a mobile dental solution, you cant say the specific name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

lyoness wrote: »

They are a brand new business and have probably seen a handful of patients and likely no boards.ie members so far... Your question was probably not going to be answered anyway....

My opinion... what if the dentist tells you that you need 5 fillings and an extraction and you want treatment tomorrow.... Sorry the clinic is due to be in Carlow tomorrow, you'll have to wait till we're back in Liffey Valley next week.......

Just my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I have heard of this, its an interesting idea. It is working in america and some scandinavian countries where geographic distance makes visiting the dentist a hard thing to do. I wonder in ireland where access to dental care is pretty easy if there are many advantages. So long as they can provide continuity of care, maintain the same staff over time, get good dentists to work out of the back of a lorry, and can get properly licenced for X-rays (mobile radiation sources I am sure are problematic) and cross infection then it might be a runner.

I await the outcome with interest and will try leave my cynics hat off at this juncture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I have heard of this, its an interesting idea. It is working in america and some scandinavian countries where geographic distance makes visiting the dentist a hard thing to do. I wonder in ireland where access to dental care is pretty easy if there are many advantages. So long as they can provide continuity of care, maintain the same staff over time, get good dentists to work out of the back of a lorry, and can get properly licenced for X-rays (mobile radiation sources I am sure are problematic) and cross infection then it might be a runner.

I await the outcome with interest and will try leave my cynics hat off at this juncture.

Is that not glued to your head???!!

Advertisement