Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rav4 black wheel cover 05

Options
  • 08-01-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

My wheel cover was pulled off by someone trying to steal my spare. The cover is still intact but the clips are broken which effectively means I can't use it now. They seem very badly made, that you can fix these clips & the whole thing is so fragile. It would turn me off buying about rav4.

If anyone has any advice on how much I should pay for a new one (or second hand) can you let me know? Also is there any point holding on to the old one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Thanks for the advice, I think id prefer to get a hard cover as it will go against us if we sell in the future. Frustrating you can't claim these things on your insurance!
    OSI wrote: »
    If you're not tooo fussed about the look, how about one of those fabric covers you wrap around the spare tire? Much cheaper and easier to replace. Plenty on eBay in varying styles for less than $20

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/toyota-rav4-tire-cover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

You'd possibly pick up an original in a scrappy. Keep an eye out on dd and adverts for breakers too. 50 quid. Need to get one for my own but thinking of going personalised :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

have you considered just taking the cover off and leaving it so? the rav4 can pull off that look imo :)

then just buy a locking wheel nut for the spare to ensure nobody tries to steal it in the future.
    http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/car-styling/alloy-wheel-tyre-sets/mcgard-locking-wheel-nuts-24012su

2004-toyota-rav4-granite-02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They look better without it, just remove the back half of the cover so it looks ok. They're mental money to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Macker2001

They really do look better without it going by that picture above.

• Advertisement

Thanks, maybe you're right. It doesn't look too bad without it, I suppose it would only be if we were selling it on. They are very over priced.
    hug0 wrote: »
    My wheel cover was pulled off by someone trying to steal my spare. The cover is still intact but the clips are broken which effectively means I can't use it now. They seem very badly made, that you can fix these clips & the whole thing is so fragile. It would turn me off buying about rav4.

If anyone has any advice on how much I should pay for a new one (or second hand) can you let me know? Also is there any point holding on to the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Have to admit the Rav looks better without than the pajero without. Mine looks sh£t. Going to go with a stainless one with colour coded centre and logo

Is there any point holding on to old cover or should I just throw it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭MAYOMICK

Throw nothing out for seven years

Can you post a pic of the damage first.

• Advertisement

There's not much to see, the two clips at the top either side have been snapped off. The bottom had a crack in it When we bought it. Otherwise it looks good but just no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Op I have a few of those covers. They are brand new ex dealer stock but I'm not sure what exact models they fit. Can you have a look inside the cover for a part number. It should begin with 'PZ....'. If I have one that fits you can have it for €50.

It was really the two tabs at the top I wanted to see. It might be possible to fix it.

Just this: 64771-42100

Colm, it's hard to take a pic of as they are both broken off & not much to see on the inside, a garage I was at said it can't be fixed,so I guess I answered my own question whether to throw out or not.
    emeldc wrote: »
    Op I have a few of those covers. They are brand new ex dealer stock but I'm not sure what exact models they fit. Can you have a look inside the cover for a part number. It should begin with 'PZ....'. If I have one that fits you can have it for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Ok, I'll try and check what I have over the W/E and post back to you.

Advertisement