Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle distance races

Options
  • 08-01-2015 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking at doing my first middle distance tri in the summer but none apart from triathy seem to be open yet. Has anyone any idea the open dates for some races or does it vary from time to time? And do they sell out fast

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Kenmare opens early, and sells out very quickly. should do, it's a great race. Dublin 70.3 might have an effect on the numbers entering, but i'd imagine most of the people who've done kenmare before will head that route again rather than dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mossym wrote: »
    Kenmare opens early, and sells out very quickly. should do, it's a great race. Dublin 70.3 might have an effect on the numbers entering, but i'd imagine most of the people who've done kenmare before will head that route again rather than dublin

Not sure much of an impact.
    The intersection of those interested in Kenmare and those interested in Dublin 70.30 is the same as the intersection of the triathletes in Ireland and the bucket list fatties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 psmith188

I'll be away for CXIII and too broke for Lough Cutra and less said about the other one the better but looking at TI site I see a Joey Hannan Middle Distance option and something called the TriCup Middle Distance in Carrick on Shannon on the 31st May. Nothing on t'internet about either. Anyone heard of the latter crowd?????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i think the joey hannon is a mistake, pretty sure that should be an olympic.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking at doing my first middle distance tri in the summer but none apart from triathy seem to be open yet. Has anyone any idea the open dates for some races or does it vary from time to time? And do they sell out fast

Cheers

Joey Hannon pool based and always sprint / olympic ....... Kenmare is a good venue, fantastic race venue, superb bike course and a b!tch of a run - my poor little legs didnt agree with the run, hence heading to Dublin this year as its dead flat in comparision - Athy is a Double Olympic, so arguably not a true middle distance with a 3km swim, Athlone has what seems to be a reasonably decent middle distance race in July (in its 3rd year this year) ....... with Dublin 70.3 this year you might imagine that with more middle distance than ever before they would be relativley easy to get into - if you want Kenmare though make sure you are sitting on the internet at the time for entry .....

• Advertisement
Advertisement