Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing machine broken- NCW

Options
  • 07-01-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi would anybody have the name/number of a service repair engineer to have a look at a Hotpoint washing machine in Newcastle west area please. It went on the brink and can't find a contact person to phone.

many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I read that as NOW, not NCW, thought it was an emergency and you were being flooded or something :)

How old is the washing machine and whats wrong with it? Sometimes it can either be worth calling the manufacture directly or just buying a new 1

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I think there's someone who lives in the Carrigkerry area, but can't remember his name. Possibly if you asked Hennessys electrical, next door to the Centra petrol station, they might have his number. If I have time tomorrow I'll see if I can dig something out. Nothing worse than an uncooperative washer!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 collinseliza

Thanks a mill for the responses!! Iora_rua, that would be great if u had that number. I think the machine is quite old.its a hotpoint BW12. I know it's tempting to just buy anew one but I'd prefer to fix it if possible!!

Thanks a mill for the responses!! Iora_rua, that would be great if u had that number. I think the machine is quite old.its a hotpoint BW12. I know it's tempting to just buy anew one but I'd prefer to fix it if possible!!

Whats the problem with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

You should probably try contacting Hotpoint and getting an idea of a quote, plus the name of their local repair man. www.hotpoint.ie or 0818 313 413. The logo shown on the van of the local guy I've seen is the same as on the Hotpoint site.

Morans (electrical) shop in Maiden Street sell Hotpoint products and you could sound them out re repairs on 069 61303.

Also, there's Seamus Stack, based in Listowel, who covers repairs for Kerry and West Limerick 068 21892.

Hope you get sorted soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 collinseliza

Thanks Iora_rua i appreciate all that information i'll contact them today. The washing machine doesn't seem to work when i put it on an G wash (50degrees) the cycle won't start and when i put it on an A wash (90degrees) it takes like 4-5 hours to complete the cycle.

thanks everyone!
    amy

Advertisement