Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mia's Boy day

Options
  • 07-01-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Mia's Boy is down to a seriously low mark and I was bracing myself for a good bet at 10/1. Two places going 20/1 it represents a serious bet. 5.15 Wolverhampton choo choo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Ah was close.. thought it might have been Norse Blues who looks set for a potentially profitable winter campaign if overcoming inexperience on the all weather.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Mia's Boy is down to a seriously low mark and I was bracing myself for a good bet at 10/1. Two places going 20/1 it represents a serious bet. 5.15 Wolverhampton choo choo

lol Paddies offering me max bet of 9 euro. Jokeshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

lol Paddies offering me max bet of 9 euro. Jokeshop.

And Boyles 26.

Ah lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Ah was close.. thought it might have been Norse Blues who looks set for a potentially profitable winter campaign if overcoming inexperience on the all weather.

Good luck.

He's been on my radar actually but wants another few pounds and needs to show a bit more before he is backed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Cheers PC Remember you putting this up previously but not as confidently. Hope tomorrow is the day. Got some of the 20s.

• Advertisement

Had a 5 ew @18-1 with 365

hes 14's now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Got a bit of word from a former worker @ Henderson's yard.

MEDIEVAL CHAPEL @ 1.30 Leicester.

Has been schooling well over fences so if he transforms that to the race track then he stands every chance of getting the job done here. Ground shouldn't be an issue either. I've a few quid on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

PC any concerns re draw?

ste2010 wrote: »
    PC any concerns re draw?

No he races held up. I had an eye on him back in October making his comeback from a break when given a quiet ride to be beaten under two lengths. Ran badly next time but he ran well last time in a better race than this. Every time I look closer at the form of last time out I like it more and more. Beaten under four lengths from too far back off two pounds higher:

Winner was runner up next time out, beaten under a length in a Listed race then and comfortably won a handicap off six pounds higher before being beaten a length off a 12lb higher mark

Second horse won a good looking handicap off 4 lbs higher

Fifth won a handicap comfortably off 1lb higher (horse he beat won yesterday)

Seventh horse (behind Mia's Boy) was beaten 1/2 a length in a 45k handicap next time out

Hoping this will be a good start to the new year. Choo choo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

A small bet at 50s on Monzino in the 6.45 at Wolves tomorrow- not sure it will be the day as they'll be able to find a weaker race if connections are planning a gamble.
    This time last year he won over C & D(but not surface!) off a 9 pound higher mark, blinkers on that time, not on tomorrow.
    Hasn't run with an inkling of credit since but interestingly, he returns to Wolves tomorrow for the first time since that win.
    His ten runs at the track read 4 wins(out of 5 career wins), 2 places, mid div the rest(and not by huge distances). The track seems to get the very best out of the horse, and I'd be hopeful he can out run his big price.
    I'm not sure how greatly the Tapeta surface differs from the old surface(can anyone advise?) and hard to know if the horse has lost his way completely or not(has won out of the blue after a few similar barren spells) but an interesting one I thought and if tomorrow isn't the day, I'd be hopeful it'll come sooner rather than later.
    The race isn't particularly strong actually, Olly Rocs could well hose up, other than that, theres some in reasonable form but exposed types who've been creeping up the weights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Some gamble going on in the last race tomorrow at Leicester, Astaroland, 20/1 into 4/1. Beaten LTO in a handicap hurdle (C5) by 16L's by Bladoun who ran today and sent off favourite and was tailed off beaten 68L's.

But it's the old form that has caught my eye now that I saw the gamble.

His first run this time last year in a bumper, beaten into 3rd (7L's) by the now 115 rated Master Dee.

Since then Astaroland results have been getting poorer, beaten 13Ls, 32L's, 86L's and then 172L's (125/1 in a C4). Nice double up each time.

Tomorrow is the day so after a years work. Value gone now but interesting all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

shmeee wrote: »
    Some gamble going on in the last race tomorrow at Leicester, Astaroland, 20/1 into 4/1. Beaten LTO in a handicap hurdle (C5) by 16L's by Bladoun who ran today and sent off favourite and was tailed off beaten 68L's.

But it's the old form that has caught my eye now that I saw the gamble.

His first run this time last year in a bumper, beaten into 3rd (7L's) by the now 115 rated Master Dee.

Since then Astaroland results have been getting poorer, beaten 13Ls, 32L's, 86L's and then 172L's (125/1 in a C4). Nice double up each time.

Tomorrow is the day so after a years work. Value gone now but interesting all the same.

Was a big gamble on this horse at Warwick when it got postponed, think it was New Year's Eve, you'd have to wonder if this is real money coming again this time or is it a false gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Denman2008 wrote: »
    Was a big gamble on this horse at Warwick when it got postponed, think it was New Year's Eve, you'd have to wonder if this is real money coming again this time or is it a false gamble.

Didn't know that, cheers, it was cut to single digits very quickly this evening after it opened anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

No he races held up. I had an eye on him back in October making his comeback from a break when given a quiet ride to be beaten under two lengths. Ran badly next time but he ran well last time in a better race than this. Every time I look closer at the form of last time out I like it more and more. Beaten under four lengths from too far back off two pounds higher:

Winner was runner up next time out, beaten under a length in a Listed race then and comfortably won a handicap off six pounds higher before being beaten a length off a 12lb higher mark

Second horse won a good looking handicap off 4 lbs higher

Fifth won a handicap comfortably off 1lb higher (horse he beat won yesterday)

Seventh horse (behind Mia's Boy) was beaten 1/2 a length in a 45k handicap next time out

Hoping this will be a good start to the new year. Choo choo

Sold! I'm on..let's hope it does the business

If Norse Blues wins I'm jumping off a building

Given way too much to do.

Jockey could have kept him closer...finished well mind.

Each way money landed so thanks Peintre!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Well picked as always sir, more than halved in price and picked up place money for anybody who went that way. Missed the price unfortunately but well done all the same!

Advertisement