Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 Punto wiper linkage

Options
  • 07-01-2015 6:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Driver side wiper not working on a puntob I have. Other wiper working perfect. Wiper arm not moving and can point out by mirror if moved by hand. Got ridicolous quotes of 600, 520 and 320 off three garages today.

Would one one of the wiper linkage kits off eBay do the job for 40 euro. Can't post links yet if another boardsie posts for me. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can get little clips on ebay for a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

there are a few work arounds for this situation. what i personally do is remove the linkage, dril a hole through the ball and socket and put a split pin through it.

A mate of mine heats the ball part of the linkage and whacks it with a lump hammer, bowing out the ball slightly and after it cools it pops back in the reciever good and tight. I've also seen a contraption involving 3 cable ties to allow movement but hold the ball and socket together.

There is no reason to spend 300-600 quid. Silly garages quoting themselves out of work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭harrymagina

think i'll give it a go with the clips myself cheers for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Traynors in Armagh were supplying complete wiper linkage assemblies with motor BNIB for around €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

there are a few work arounds for this situation. what i personally do is remove the linkage, dril a hole through the ball and socket and put a split pin through it.

done that myself on occasion. drilling a small hole in the ball, pushing the socket back on and then putting a screw and washer into the ball so as the socket wont slip off again.

less than an hour and less than a euro :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement