Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB Registeration

Options
  • 07-01-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

hey guys in our place 15months now never had any major problems with anything,renting through a letting agency and have no contact with the LL,was just wondering how do i know if we are registered with the PRTB ive checked our address on the website but the house isnt there,the letting agency states the LL has to have us registered

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

To be honest it makes no odds to you as a tenant whether the landlord is registered or not.
    If the landlord has paid the letting agent to manage the property, then he may assume that the agency has done this admin work on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

To be honest it makes no odds to you as a tenant whether the landlord is registered or not.
    If the landlord has paid the letting agent to manage the property, then he may assume that the agency has done this admin work on his behalf.

No worries cheers as i say we havent had any issues and the letting agency is brill was just curious :o

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Should also note that the PRTB website is notorious for being wrong, out of date or incomplete. Your tenant rights are not impacted by a landlord not registering, although it's a handy stick to beat them with if they try to break the rules further. It just means they can't lodge a complaint against you if they are not registered, but you may lodge a complaint against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

Landlord would need your pps no. to complete the form. If he didn't ask for it you may not be registered. Not a problem for you but he cannot avail of tax relief on his costd if not registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Delphinium wrote: »
    Landlord would need your pps no. to complete the form. If he didn't ask for it you may not be registered. Not a problem for you but he cannot avail of tax relief on his costd if not registered.

Pps can be left blank, but efforts should have been made to obtain pps no prior to registering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

OP, I think you should have received something in the post if the tenancy was registered. This has been the case for any of my tenants once I register them online....

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

Yes as above poster said you get a letter in mail, as a tennent I did :)

Advertisement